This is a great resource for exploring shapes in many grade levels, and standards. However this game was specifically created for, and will reinforce and teach the following Common Core Math Standards for Kindergarten:
• MCCK.G.2 – Correctly identify shapes, regardless of their size and orientation
• MCCK.G.4 – Analyze and compare 2D shapes in different sizes and orientations based on their attributes, using informal language.
Print double sided on cardstock, laminate and cut out individual cards.
• This game is best played with 2 students who have already been working on describing shapes based on their attributes. Print multiple sets if necessary.
• Distribute all of the cards between the 2 students and have them flip them over “war style.”
• Then take turns comparing the shapes based on different attributes,
1. Number of sides
2. Number of angles
3. Size of shape
4. Size of sides
5. Size of angles
6. Orientation of shape