Go Fish – Shape Edition
This is a new twist on a classic game for your Kindergarten or Pre-School students. You can also use it as an intervention strategy or tool for struggling students in other grade levels.
• Print double sided on card stock and laminate for longer classroom use.
• Give each student 5 cards
• Have them look at their cards and ask another player “Do you have any ___” according to what cards they have in their hands.
• If the person has that card they give it to the player who asked and that person puts the match down in front of them. If not they say “Go Fish” and the player who asked has to draw a card. If that card is a match for what they asked for they can still put it down.
• Play continues in this manner until one player has no cards left.
Possible Differentiation Strategies:
1. Print 2 sets of cards and split them into shapes and real world objects so the cards they are choosing match each other.
2. Have students lay the cards out on the table like a memory game and flip them over the match the shape with the real world object.