This is a free sample of my larger packet, which includes 40 no-prep worksheets. To view that packet, click here.
I'm Ready for First Grade Math! Use this packet to prepare students for first grade math skills. This packet would be a great supplement to first grade back-to-school lessons, or kindergarten review lessons. Use these resources as homework, independent practice, or assessments. They can even be used to guide small-group instruction.
The full packet covers many foundational skills students need to be successful in first grade math. This sample includes 5 pages from the completed packet. The full packet covers a wider variety of skills in various formats.
It includes activities in number sense, basic place value, addition, and subtraction. The printables are non-seasonal, and include many fun themes (from pizza to meatballs to cowboys!), so you can use them throughout the year to reinforce basic skills.
Full Packet Contents
1. Shake & Spill: Making 5
2. Five in All: Making 5 Worksheet
3. Shake & Spill: Making 10
4. Double Bubbles: Doubling 1-6
5. Six Little Fish: Composing 6
6. Seven Slithering Snakes: Composing 7
7. Eight Fresh-Baked Cupcakes: Composing 8
8. Nine Silly Monkeys: Composing 9
9. What's Missing Part 1: Sums of 10 on 10 Frames
10. What's Missing Part 2: Sums of 10 with Pictures
11. What's Missing Part 3: Sums of 10 with Words
12. Number Mysteries: Teen Numbers
13. How Many in All: Writing an Equation Based on a Picture
14. Making 5: Cut & Paste Sums
15. 10 Little Piggies: Number Bonds for 10
16. 10 is a Yummy Number: Sums of 10 Sort
17 - 19. Word Problems (2 per page)
20 - 22. What's Missing: Numbers to 30 (1/2 sheets)
23. Color by Number: Number Recognition to 20
24. Diving for Number Words: Cut & Match
25. Yee-haw! Teen Numbers: 10 frames/counting
26. Yee-haw! Teen Numbers: 10 frames/drawing
27. Pricy Pizzas: Comparing Numbers to 25 (Identifying Greater Number)
28. Pizza Deals: Comparing Numbers to 25 (Identifying Least Number)
29 - 30. Dragon's Rules: Drawing Sets
31 - 32. Order in the Gym: Ordering Numbers to 20 (least to greatest/greatest to least)
33 - 34. Count It, Write It: Organized & Scattered Objects w/in 30
35. One More Cupcake: Identifying 1 More
36. Counting Cupcakes: Missing Numbers in a Sequence of 3
37. Spaghetti & Meatballs Counting: Rote Counting by 10s and 1s.
38. Comparing Numbers: Sea Pals (Identifying Greater Numbers in a Set)
39 - 40. Show What You Know: Simple assessments that can be used to guide your first math unit.
Want more resources to to start your year in first grade? Click here for my back-to-school packet.
Looking for a review of first grade math? Click here for my no-prep packet.
Click here for fall-themed addition & subtraction worksheets.
***After you download, please refresh your browser and leave feedback. Thanks!***
Follow me for updates on new products, freebies, and discounts! Click the green star under my picture & "Made by Miss First Grade" near the top of the page. Please leave feedback on this item. You will get TPT credits that can be applied toward future purchases!