Are you looking for engaging math review games and riddles to use all year long in kindergarten? This mini bundle will give you and your students the activities you need, and also help identify areas that might need some extra practice!
What does this year long kindergarten math review bundle include?
Here are the skills these games address:
♦ Order of numbers 1-100
♦ Match numeral to domino representation
♦ Match numeral to ten frame representation
♦ Represent addition with fingers
♦ Match ten frame to domino
♦ Number bonds 0-5
♦ Represent subtraction with pictures
♦ Represent addition and subtraction with pictures
♦ Model addition with dice, and match to equation
♦ Match ten frames to numerals, 11-20
Number sense riddles to practice active listening skills and numeracy, addressing
♦ Sequence of numbers 0-100
♦ Early addition (plus zero, plus one, plus two)
♦ More than/ less than/ between
♦ Counting by ten
♦ Number patterns
♦ Ten frames
♦ Characteristics of 2D shapes
Includes 50 full page shapes and patterns riddle cards plus...
♦ Reference / teaching cards for the shapes included
♦ A cover to turn your riddles into a class book
♦ An easy prep one page board game - no cards to print and prepare!
♦ A set of 12 challenging clip cards. Your students will read a phrase like "blue
triangle" or "purple oval" and clip the matching shape.
* Two free resources are also included in this bundle:
♦ December Graphs and Tally Marks, because on some school calendars,
December is the end of the year! :)
How can you use these math review games and riddles with your kindergarten class??
- Solve any of the riddles together as a class by displaying them on your interactive board, solving and discussing them together.
- Break up the riddle cards into smaller sets to use in math tubs and math centers. Help your students stay organized and keep the cards together by punching a hole in the upper corner and securing the set together with a looseleaf ring.
- Solve a riddle together to focus at the beginning of a lesson or to bring closure at the end of a lesson.
- Use the Thumbs Up math games in a math center or math tub to review a particular topic.
- Listen to your students as they use any of these materials. It's a great way to assess where you may need to go back for some extra practice with some or all of your students.
- Do you keep a special set of activities for your fast finishers? They'll be excited to find these kindergarten end of year math games and riddles there!
- If you're teaching a summer school program to upcoming first graders, these riddles and games pack a powerful amount of effective review!
- Are you a math intervention or RtI teacher? You'll use these review activities again and again. Great for remediation in first grade, too!
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
Just go from your dashboard to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom. Your comments also help other teachers find exactly what they need for their classrooms!
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
Click here to become a follower at my TpT store. You will receive customized email updates whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional Followers Only Thank You freebie in your TpT mailbox!☺
Copyright © Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.