Also included in
- This set of 200 kindergarten number sense task cards for the numbers 1-100 will keep your little learners engaged and thinking all year! Each of the cards has a three clue riddle, designed to practice math skills and vocabulary, and to develop number sense and mental math. These resources can be pur$9.99$13.00Save $3.01
- Kindergarten teachers, you'll have a full year of math activities for centers and small groups with this collection of 427 pages of non-seasonal math games, riddles, and activities, ready for you whenever you need them all through the year!Buying these resources in this bundle will save you 25% ove$37.10$49.50Save $12.40
- Math riddles are the key to keeping your kindergarten students growing in number sense and operations! This bundle of more than 420 riddle cards will make it easy for you to have riddles on hand for whatever topic you're teaching every day!This bundle includes all of these riddle sets. You'll save 3$33.25$47.50Save $14.25
- This set of 300 kindergarten number sense task cards for the numbers 1-100 will keep your little learners engaged and building numeracy all year! Each of the cards has a three clue riddle, designed to practice math skills and vocabulary, and to develop number sense and mental math.These resources c$14.00$19.50Save $5.50
Are you looking for an activity that will build early math skills and keep your young mathematicians engaged and thinking all year, whether at school or at home? This set of 100 number sense riddles for kindergarten is just what you need!
* PLEASE NOTE: This is not a digital resource. These cards can, of course, be displayed on a laptop or tablet, but are designed to be used as separate printable cards, hundred charts, and recording pages.
Teachers, start your online lessons with a riddle! Use your snipping tool to create a jpeg of a riddle card and email it to families the day before, encouraging some discussion at home. Then talk about the solution together during your meeting. You'll get lots of talk about numbers!
Parents, choose 2-4 cards each day to read and discuss with your child to keep their kindergarten math skills sharp without lots of tedious worksheets: math vocabulary, mental math, and writing numbers, plus the skills listed below.
Here are the skills included in this set:
⭐ Sequence of numbers 0-100
⭐ Early addition (plus zero, plus one, plus two)
⭐ More than/less than/between
⭐ Counting by tens
⭐ Number patterns
⭐ Ten frames
⭐ Characteristics of 2D shapes
Each card has a three clue riddle for a number between one and 100. Solving the clues will help your students practice a wide variety of standards-based math skills!
There are so many ways to use these cards!
⭐ Expand your calendar activities by solving one or more riddles each day. For even more practice, circle the answers on a hundred chart.
⭐ Start a lesson with a warm-up riddle to build number sense.
⭐ Riddles are a great way to review math vocabulary.
⭐ Make this riddle set part of your 100th Day celebration!
⭐ Practice identifying key details by modeling how riddles are solved. This will lay the foundation for comprehension skills like making inferences and drawing conclusions, and help your students understand how these skills apply across the curriculum.
⭐ Got a spare moment to fill? Riddles make a great sponge activity!
⭐ Use a riddle as a starting point for your daily number talk. Challenge your students to come up with another clue for the number.
⭐ After you've worked together to solve a few math riddles, your students will enjoy writing riddles together. What a fun way to bring math into shared writing!
⭐ Make solving a riddle part of your Morning Meeting activities.
This resource includes…
♦ 100 riddle cards, printed two to a page
♦ Answer Key
♦ A themed hundred chart and a 120 chart, too, in case that's what your school is
♦ Two gameboard style charts to record whole class progress with the riddle cards,
with each in both color and blackline versions
♦ Two whole class graphs to use with the riddles, each with data analysis questions
♦ Bonus Center Activity! 35 number sequence strips for 1-100.
Here's what buyers have said:
"This is a fantastic resource! I put it on the door each morning and the kids have until math time to try and figure out the answer to the riddle. We then take it up as a class at the beginning of our math workshop. The kids can't wait to read and solve the riddle. They are so engaged. It is wonderful. Thank you!"
"I post these on my Morning Message and the kids LOVE them! They come into the classroom and go straight to the riddle!"
"This is a great resource to use as independent work that can easily be differentiated! I really love these and so do my students."
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down? 10 Kindergarten Math Games
20 Kindergarten Math Partner Games
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
Just go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. When you click it, you'll be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Click here to follow my store. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺