Also included in
- Need to introduce, reteach, extend a math standard throughout the year? This bundle of over 400 task cards address all kindergarten math skills with easy-to-follow steps and engaging tasks. Students can work independently or play with a partner or small group. These task cards use kindergarten-frien$15.50$20.50Save $5.00
Give students independent or partner practice with identifying 2D/flat shapes and 3D/solid shapes, position words, comparing shapes by sides/corners, and composing shapes with these task cards. They cover the K.G strand and can be used in a variety of ways. These task cards would be excellent additions to your math rotations and center activities. Teachers can also use them in small groups for re-teaching with scaffolded support.
There are 71 total cards in this set. It focuses on the Geometry (K.G) strand of the Common Core Standards. This strand focuses on 2 main areas: identifying and describing shapes as well as analyzing, comparing, creating, and composing shapes. Many of these cards do not require any extra materials, but some of them have students using tools and materials in their environment. They will need tools like playdoh or toothpicks at their disposal.
Some notes regarding what's included:
- The word "corners" is used rather than "vertices."
- Students are asked to draw, compose, and build only 2D shapes, not 3D shapes.
- The 2D shapes included are circle, triangle, square, rectangle, oval, heart, and hexagon. Trapezoid is not included.
- The 3D shapes included are cone, cylinder, sphere, cube, and pyramid.
Please download the preview to see how each skill is used with the task cards and the recommended ways to use them.
Need more task cards? Check these out:
If you have any further questions or would like more explanation about using this product, please ask in the Q&A section or email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for your purchase! Remember to leave feedback and let me know how you are using the product in your classroom.
Don't forget to follow my store for updates and so you do not miss any new products!
Holly @ Research and Play