This calendar contain excellent ideas to extend your student's learning at home!
May Project Instructions:
Save a Memory
As the end of the school year is quickly approaching, lets work together to give your child something that he/she can keep to remember their Kindergarten experience. This month's project is to start work on a time capsule that your child will not open until his/her senior year in high school!
Here is your family's assignment...
1) Have your child bring a shoebox to school by May 12. A large one would be nice because it would hold more. However, any shoebox will do.
2) Assist your child in filling out the 'Kindergarten Time Capsule Survey' and return it to school with your child's time capsule.
3) Contribute items to place into your child's time capsule. (Some ideas are listed below to help get you started.) Your contributions to this project will determine the quality of your child's gift. You have until May 19 to send in your items before the time capsule is sealed.
• Sealed letters to your child from you, grandparents, siblings, or significant others in your child's life.
• A favorite project made during the Kindergarten school year.
• A small toy that indicates what was popular during this school year. Please do not go to any expense. Also, make sure your child understands that he/she will not be getting the toy back for 12 years-- We don't want any tears!
• Anything else that serves as a reminder of your child's year as a kindergartner. Be creative!
We will be decorating and sealing the time capsules at school. Then, children will bring their capsules home. So also be looking for a safe place to store it for quite a few years!