The Kindergarten Monthly Homework Calendars are aligned with the Common Core standards and get more extensive each month. Ten pages included for the months August through May. They have 20 homework activities total, and ask that students complete at least four each week (for a total of 16). Parents and students sign each box they complete and return on the last school day of the month.
Send home on the first day of the month with or without additional practice pages and work.
Sample activities include:
- Write all lowercase letters in ABC order. (Sept.)
- Read or listen to a story. Discuss the roles of the author and illustrator. (Nov.)
- Skip count by 10s to 100. (Dec.)
- Practice segmenting five consonant/ vowel/ consonant words (e.g. “cat”). (Feb.)
- Practice counting to 100. (Apr.)
- Write one or two sentences about spring. How is it different from winter? (May)