PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
All the ideas you need to teach NGSS K-LS1 are included in these seven lessons.
Lesson #1 Living or Nonliving?
Lesson #2 Basic Needs of Living Things
Lesson #3 Different Animals Live in Different Places, Have Different Types of Shelter,
and Eat Different Types of Food
Lesson #4 What do Plants Need to Live?
Lesson #5 Plant Needs Experiments
Lesson #6 Growing Plants
Lesson #7 STEAM Challenge: Create a New Kind of Animal
Included in the unit are:
- The Standards and Materials needed page (all inexpensive, practical suggestions)
- Essential Vocabulary Cards (12 words)
- Posters of Different Plants and Animals (photos)
- Living / Nonliving Picture Sort
- Living Things Mini Book
- Mini Poster Needs of Living Things
- A Close Look at Sea Turtles Listening Activity
- What Do Plants Need to Live Mini Book
- STEAM Challenge: Create a New Type of Animal
- Charts, Worksheets
-Suggestions for Books to Read
-Suggestions for YouTube Videos