Also included in
- Are you looking for engaging math review games and riddles to use all year long in kindergarten? This mini bundle will give you and your students the activities you need, and also help identify areas that might need some extra practice!What does this year long kindergarten math review bundle includePrice $14.50Original Price $19.25Save $4.75
- This set of 200 kindergarten number concepts and math vocabulary task cards for the numbers 1-100 will keep your little learners engaged and thinking all year! Each card has a three clue riddle, designed for targeted practice of math skills and to develop number sense and mental math. These resourcePrice $10.00Original Price $13.00Save $3.00
- Math riddles are the key to keeping your kindergarten students growing in number sense and operations! This bundle of more than 420 riddle cards will make it easy for you to have riddles on hand for addition, subtraction, or whatever topic you're teaching every day!This bundle includes all of thesePrice $34.50Original Price $48.75Save $14.25
- This set of 300 kindergarten number sense task cards for the numbers 1-100 will keep your little learners engaged and building numeracy all year! Each of the cards has a three clue riddle, designed to practice math skills and vocabulary, and to develop number sense and mental math.These resources cPrice $15.60Original Price $19.50Save $3.90
Your students will build number sense, math vocabulary, and listening skills, too, with this free set of kindergarten math riddle cards!
This set is a sample from Kindergarten Number Sense Riddles Set 1. If you're excited about using these riddles and want MORE riddles, there's also another unique set of kindergarten math riddles available here, or save by purchasing bundles to last you all year...
Riddles are engaging ... they keep our students thinking and listening carefully so they won't miss any of the clues! In this case, your students will be thinking about numbers, and talking about them, too, as they use their knowledge of early math concepts to make inferences and draw conclusions, solving the clues on each task card.
What concepts do these kindergarten math riddle cards address?
- Sequence of numbers (before, after, between)
- More than/less than
- Early addition (+1, +2)
- Characteristics of geometric shapes
- Using familiar math tools and representations (ten frames, dominoes)
How can you use this sample math riddle set with your own students?
- Start a lesson with a warm-up riddle to build number sense. This is also a great way to informally assess what you may need to adjust in the lesson you're about to teach.
- Make solving a riddle part of your morning meeting and/or morning message activities.
- Expand your calendar activities by solving one or more riddles every day. For even more math practice, your students can locate and circle the answers on a hundred chart.
- Riddles are a great way to review math vocabulary.
- Practice identifying key details and discard incorrect choices as you model how riddles are solved. This will lay the foundation for comprehension skills like making inferences and drawing conclusions.
- Got a spare moment to fill? Riddles make a great sponge activity!
- Use a riddle as a starting point for your daily number talk.
- Challenge your students to come up with another clue for the same number.
- After you've worked together to solve a few math riddles, your students will
enjoy writing riddles together. What a fun way to bring math into shared
writing! Challenge your independent students to write their own riddles!
Thanks for your interest in this resource!
You'll also like...
Click here to follow my store. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Exclusive” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Copyright © Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you plan to share this product.