This year-long bundle of numberless addition and subtraction word problems for sums to 10 will do wonders to boost your students' ability to solve word problems!
Numberless word problems help students to focus on the action and context of an addition or subtraction story problem rather than being "number pluckers"!
Themed Numberless Word Problem Sets Include
- Back to School Sums to 10
- Halloween Sums to 10
- Thanksgiving Sums to 10
- Christmas Sums to 10
- Winter Sums to 10
- Valentine's Day Sums to 10
- St. Patrick's Day Sums to 10
- Earth Day Sums to 10
- Spring Sums to 10
- Summer Sums to 10
The problems in this set are EXTREMELY similar to the problems in the Addition and Subtraction sums to 20 set. This makes differentiation simple if you are using both sets with your learners!
These digital word problems can easily be projected and used in the classroom OR share your screen and use them for distance learning.
- Teacher instructions so you can implement this tool even if you are new to numberless word problems.
- Suggested questions to use on each slide in the question sequence.
- 10 Themed question sets each with 15 numberless word problem sequences designed to help your students truly understand how to solve word problems.
Each of the 15 projectable word problems work in a sequence:
- The first slide gives the students a context with no numbers at all
- The second slide adds just a bit of information by adding in one amount.
- The third slide adds in the rest of the numeric information... but something is missing.
- The fourth and final slide in each problem adds in the question the students will be solving.
The clickable table of contents makes this resource incredibly easy to use. Problems are organized by problem type so you can target the areas your students need most.
- Add to
- Take from
- Put together
- Take apart
A slide including suggested questions to ask on each stage of the numberless word problems has also been included. The conversation is the most powerful component of these problems and the question stems will help you to have rich conversations with your students!
Looking for numbers beyond sums to 10?
- Addition & Subtraction Sums to 20
- Addition & Subtraction Sums to 100
- Multiplication & Division within 100