Also included in
- This yearlong bundle of narrative, opinion, and informational writing lessons for Kindergarten makes it easy to plan your writing instruction! Also included in this Kindergarten writing bundle are posters, assessments, visuals, and Kindergarten writing rubrics that will save you time! Teaching KindePrice $39.00Original Price $52.00Save $13.00
- This writing and reading bundle for Kindergarten gives you lesson plans and printable materials to help you implement the "workshop" approach! The workshop model is very Kindergarten-friendly because it allows for lots of student choice and developmentally-appropriate instruction. Your students willPrice $89.60Original Price $128.00Save $38.40
Teach personal narrative writing in a fun, Kindergarten-friendly way! This Kindergarten writing unit provides everything you need to teach personal narrative or small moments writing: lesson plans, printable writing paper, posters, a graphic organizer for planning, writing rubrics, and more.
In this 5-week Kindergarten writing unit, your students will learn how to craft true stories with a beginning, middle, and end (even if they are mostly drawing).
Your Kindergarten students will learn to stay on topic and use detailed pictures to match their personal narratives. They'll also learn how to describe their reaction to the events in the story (emotions / feelings words).
Plus, students will learn how to space between words, use ending punctuation, capitalize the first letter in a sentence, spell sight words correctly, and use letter sound knowledge to spell new words.
Here’s what this Kindergarten personal narrative writing unit includes:
- 23 clear, detailed writing minilessons (that tell you what to say and do)
- Tips for implementing and structuring a Kindergarten writing workshop
- Printable writing paper
- Rubrics and checklists
- Printable posters and alphabet chart
- Graphic organizer
Common Core alignment is included, but many classrooms that do not follow the Common Core Standards still use this unit.
Please view the preview file before purchasing!
This unit is part of a yearlong curriculum (7 units total). Click here to view the complete curriculum.
By: Learning At The Primary Pond