• These activities are designed to support almost ALL of the Kindergarten Common Core Reading Foundations standards.
• They are aligned to CA treasures and begin at Unit #3. This is the unit when the students have been introduced to enough letter sounds to make words.
• These activities will strengthen your students’ blending, decoding and phonics skills!
* Not only do they provide practice in phonics but also in phonological awareness. They give your student the important practice of isolating, segmenting and blending the sounds in words orally (Phonological Awareness) while they are connecting that sound with the letter symbol (Phonics).
• I have found them to be especially effective with my struggling readers.