Kindergarten Phonological Awareness BUNDLE | Literacy Center Activities
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (18)
showing 1-5 of 18 products
These phonological awareness activities are designed to be a time saving, go to resource which can be used all year round and for many years to come!
What I love about it!
- Common core aligned, with an activity to meet every standard of the phonological awareness strand
- Great for supporting individual and small group work, with a focus on oral and auditory learning
- Easy to prep with time saving cutting lines
- The 16 task box activities fit perfectly into a standard craft box holder
>>> I've recently added two more so you can mix and match the ones you need
- Labels are included for the craft box and task boxes (lid label and small label for the side of the box)
- It is not season themed, so you can use it any time of the year
Included in this Kindergarten Task Box Bundle:
- Syllable Clip Cards
- Syllable Counting Cards
- Rhyming Odd One Out Clip Cards
- Rhyming CVC Clip Cards
- Rhyming Puzzles
- Rhyming Clip Cards
- Onset Rime CVC Clip Cards
- Onset Rime CVC Puzzles
- Onset Rime Blending CVC Clip cards
- CVC Word Puzzles
- Beginning Sounds – CVC Clip Cards
- Middle Sounds – CVC Clip Cards
- Final Sounds – CVC Clip Cards
- CVC Blending Clip Cards
- Phoneme Substitution Clip Cards
- Phoneme Substitution Work Cards
- BONUS CVC Sound Boxes - Segmenting Task Cards (Set 1)
- BONUS CVC Sound Boxes - Segmenting Task Cards (Set 2)
- BONUS Large label for the craft box that contains the task boxes (includes one editable page where you can change the year level title)
>>> First Grade Phonological Awareness Task Box Bundle
What is Phonological Awareness?
Phonological awareness refers to the ability to identify and work with the sounds (phonemes) of spoken language. Phonemic awareness is a subset of phonological awareness and includes skills such as onset-rime identification, segmenting sounds, blending sounds and substituting sounds to make new words. At this stage of learning the focus is on the sounds in words, so an emphasis is placed on oral and auditory learning.
How do these task cards help develop Phonological Awareness?
These task cards are a tool that teachers can use when working with students individually or in small groups. Whilst there is a reference to the written word (mainly as a picture guide for teachers), the main focus for the students should be saying the word out loud (oral learning) and listening to the sounds (auditory learning). The task cards include a variety of engaging pictures to help kids focus on the key skill they are developing.
I hope you love this resource as much as I do and find it helpful for your students!
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE...
>>> Letter of the Week Workbook
★★★ Click here to follow me to get regular updates about new resources and awesome freebies ★★★
JOIN THE FP COMMUNITY!
>>> Fairy Poppins
Sign up to my free newsletter on my blog to receive updates about new resources and freebies.
QUESTIONS, ISSUES OR REQUESTS
- Please feel free to contact me via the "Ask a Question" tab. I value your feedback and am happy to help.
- Need help with printing, downloading or opening files? Click here.