Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
It can be so time consuming teaching a new pocket chart center each week. This package has sight word pocket chart activities for 35 weeks. Teach your students the routine and simply change the cards each week. The instructions don't change but the sight words do! You'll be set for the whole year!
The activities are set up like guided reading books with predictable text. The final sentence may be a little different than the rest.
- Supply students with pointers, word cards, and a response sheet.
- Students unscramble the sight word sentences, use a pointer to read each sentence, and complete a response sheet.
- Supply new cards each week.
- During the first week, complete the center as a whole group so students learn the routine. After the routine is learned, very little instruction is required.
- Keep a different response sheet in a plastic sleeve with dry erase markers, and early finishers will have something to keep them busy!
- Keep the final sentence completed in the pocket chart.
There are 47 sight words included and many are used multiple times so students have the opportunity to master reading the word in context!
Looking for more literacy centers? Check these out:
Don't forget to follow my store and be the first to know about new products!