Also included in
- These time-saving YEAR-LONG Kindergarten and 1st Grade Science and Social Studies Centers and Activities saves you planning time, provides hands-on activities, and is standards based aligned and goes with ANY science or social studies curriculum! The DIGITAL and PRINTABLE teaching lessons and activPrice $285.00Original Price $564.47Save $279.47
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade teachers looking for SCIENCE Digital and Printable Adapted Science Units this YEARLONG Science Bundle is for you! This differentiated science bundle includes lessons, projects, worksheets, STEM activities, experiments, Boom Cards, and science centers and includes EVERYTHIPrice $183.50Original Price $366.00Save $182.50
- Everything you need to guide your reading instruction in Kindergarten and 1st Grade is included with this Interactive Read Aloud Comprehension Lesson Plan BUNDLE. This is a set of 10 fiction and nonfiction read alouds extension activities perfect for building reading comprehension! You will focus oPrice $40.00Original Price $58.00Save $18.00
Are you looking for a fun and engaging Spring Read Aloud for your kindergarten and 1st grade students? This DIFFERENTIATED weeklong book companion is for and provides you with EVERYTHING you need to teach reading comprehension and integrate science into your insects and butterfly units!
You will guide your students in whole group and small group reading instruction as they explore and learn about character traits, metamorphosis, caterpillars, butterflies, and friendships. This week-long differentiated springtime read aloud includes activities for teaching vocabulary, butterfly life cycles, writing, instructional illustrated posters, graphic organizers, crafts, and more to help you integrate literacy and science.
CLICK HERE TO SAVE 30% ON MY YEAR-LONG READ ALOUDS BUNDLE! This Read Aloud is not included in this money saving bundle at this time.
- Building Vocabulary
- Online Butterfly Shared Research Activity
- To Learn about and Be Exposed to different Genres
- Learn how to Make Inferences
- Making Predictions using Graphing
- Parts of a Book
- What Authors and Illustrators Do
- How to Use Illustrations to make Predictions
- Build Comprehension
- Practice Making Inferences
- Learn about and Write Explanatory Writing Pieces
- Writing About ONE Single Narrative Event
- Build Speaking and Listening Skills in whole group and small groups
- Develop a Love for Reading
- Integrate Science and Literacy
- Life Cycle of Butterflies
Differentiated Read Aloud Includes:
- Five Days of Detailed Differentiated Lesson Plans for K-1st Grade
- 12 Illustrated Vocabulary Cards
- Teaching How to Write about One Single Story Event Using Time Order Words
- 7 Choices in Two Formats of Different Daily Writing Focus Questions
- Three Cut and Paste Writing Focus Questions (8 per page)
- How to use Flip Tab Covers
- Four Flip Tab Cover Writing Focus Questions (2 per page)
- Draw and Write About Beginning, Middle & End of Story Graphic Organizers
- Draw and Write About Beginning, Middle & End of Story Answer Key
- Draw and Write About Five Story Events Graphic Organizers
- Draw and Write About Five Story Events Answer Key
- One Sheet of Student ELA Journal Vocabulary Card (4 per page)
- Graphing Information and Ideas
- Colored Yes or No Graphing Question (8.5 x 11)
- Colored Student Graphing Pieces
- Black and White Yes or No Graphing Question
- Black and White Student Graphing Pieces
- 16 Comprehension Question Cards (4 per page)
- Fiction Anchor Charts (8.5 x 11)
- Colored Butterfly Life Cycle Poster (8.5 x 11)
- Morals Poster (8.5 x 11)
- Text Evidence Poster (8.5 x 11)
- Butterfly Life Cycle Student Worksheet
- Butterfly Life Cycle Teacher Answer Key
- Butterfly Shared Research Project Sample Answer Key
- Student Shared Research Graphic Organizer Sheet
- Five Question TEST with Vocabulary and Writing Differentiation (2 per page)
- Answer Keys
- Butterfly Craft Template with Everything You Need
- Butterfly Parent Note
- Butterfly Instructions, Tips, and Ideas
This resource and all the activities make great Back to School lessons to teach students about making new friends, going through changes, and most of all...getting them excited about reading for the school year!
This Read Aloud with Lesson Plans and activities is perfect to have on hand for substitute day too! With the scripted, detailed, and differentiated literacy and science activities you will know your students are having a fun engaging day using all the cross-curricular activities this literacy and science resource provides!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID ABOUT MY READ ALOUDS…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"A wonderful resource to utilize with a book that students love!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"Thank you for this comprehensive set of stories, lessons, and activities! Last year, I read a variety of books to the kids, and did activities to go along with them. This will help me a WHOLE lot this year!!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"What an awesome source of incredible ideas. I love the way each close read can be used in a variety of ways, making it easier to differentiate. I will be able to use the literature with the whole group but vary the activities depending on ability levels. Reading through this bundle I can see a variety of activities which will spark creativity and interest. Thank you so much for your time saving product."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"Excellent Resource! Great stories, activities, and lesson plans! Thank you for offering this resource at such and affordable price! I highly recommend this Bundle! This truly is not your typical close reads. You have gone above and beyond on creating such detailed lessons and activities. I love the differentiation, concept sorts, and the way you have tied in other subjects in your close reads.
Click on the links for other resources you may find helpful.
CLICK here to FOLLOW me and SAVE 50% off my products the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED!
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.