Use this activity In you Daily Five or Language Arts Centers
40 sight words
2 pages per sight word
COMMON CORE Aligned
What is in this Packet:
1. You will find a Read it, Trace it, & Write it activity page, front & back of a sheet, for 40 kindergarten words.
2. Samples of sentence frames to use for your student’s sentence writing.
3. A blank sentence frame for you to use when needed.
1. Print the activities on the front and back of a sheet of paper.
2. The students will trace the sight word, write it, rainbow trace it (see the images below), and write one to two sentences.
3. Create a rainbow tracing chart like you see below. Place this chart in a location that your students can see it easily.
4. When students complete the rainbow tracing portion they will use the chart provided below.
5. I have my students start tracing their sight word with the color on the bottom of the chart and work backwards on the chart. Ex: They will start tracing with yellow, then orange, then pink, etc.
6. The final exercise on the worksheet is writing sentences. The first half of the sight word list requests the students to write one sentence and then practice writing their sight word on the back. Then the students will be required to write two sentences for the last 20 of the sight words.