Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
76.78 MB | 50 pages
This GROWING science bundle features over 50 pages of higher-order thinking science activities for kindergarten or 1st grade!
My Five Senses: Guide your little scientists to explore the world around them by learning about their 5 senses. This bundle includes:
1. Anchor Charts: Intended to be student-created, I use my anchor charts after my read aloud. Students share their responses and they are written on the charts. Student refer back to the charts in guided reading and writing.
2. Interactive Guided Reading Books: 6-page guided reading books where children respond with drawings and writing.
3. Independent Work: Students will explain things they can see, touch, taste, hear, and smell.
Float or Sink: This STEM challenge was specially designed for little scientists< It can be used for elementary grades. Students need to create a boat that can hold a quarter using the Ask, Plan, Create, Improve model. Make the challenge more difficult by adding heavier objects. Includes:
1. STEM experiment
2. Ask, plan, Create, Improve STEM recording sheet
3. STEM Activity Rubric
4. Float or Sink Pocket Chart
STEM Magnets: Help your little scientists explore the word of Magnets! This packet includes:
1. Magnet Pocket Chart Activity: Student spredict which objects will be magnetic and which will not. Students then get a bucket of materials and use a magnet to determine weather or not they are magnetic and use the recording sheet to record results.
2. Magnetic or Not Recording Sheet
3. Magnet Experiment 1: Using a wand and different cups, find why cups allow the magnet pull and which do not.
3. Magnet Experiment 2: Students have to move small pipe cleaners to the top of a bottle without touching it!
4. STEM Magnet recording sheet
5. Magnet Poem/Anchor Chart
Living/Nonliving Things: Help your little scientists explore the word of living and nonliving things. This packet includes:
1. Living and Nonliving Pocket Chart: 12 colored cards to sort. 2 labels.
2. Living and Nonliving Science Reader: 9-page interactive science reader about living and nonliving things.
3. Living and Nonliving Anchor Charts: Color and B&W
4. Living and Nonliving Cut & Paste Activity