12 no-grading-required bracelets make homework that Kindergartners LOVE! This low prep and age-appropriate Science homework is great for strengthening the connection and communication between school and home, and it empowers parents to help their children master new Science skills with quick educational games to play!
After beginning a new topic, place the related Science bracelet on each student (or their backpack) to take home. Each bracelet contains QR codes that link to educational practice videos about the Science concept and a simple family activity (known as the SECRET GAME) for the child to play with their family to reinforce the new skill.
♥This is part of my MEGA Kindergarten Homework BUNDLE (with 164+ bracelets)
Why do TEACHERS love this Kindergarten Science Homework Bundle?
1. The QR code bracelets allow for easy differentiation. Give each student bracelets based on their remediation and extension needs, or give the entire class the same bracelet as homework to preview or review a standard.
2. Students spend extra time at home working on concepts (because, let's face it, there is never enough time at school), and practicing new skills in various contexts helps students better retain new information.
3. Parents are kept in the know about what their child is learning without time-consuming daily/weekly newsletters. Easily up the school-home connection and communication!
Why do PARENTS love these bracelets?
1. They know exactly what their child is learning.
2. They no longer feel like they don't know how to help their child. The simple games & videos empower them with specific (and fun) activities to support their child.
3. The homework is short, meaningful, and developmentally appropriate for their Kindergarten-aged child.
But do STUDENTS actually like and want to do this homework?
1. Kindergarteners love showing off things they can do! How many times has a kiddo exclaimed, "Mom, Dad, watch me!" before doing something new they just figured out how to do? (Cannonballing into the pool, spinning in a circle, throwing a stick...) This excitement applies to things they learn at school too, and the simple family activities in this homework allow them to shine!
2. The linked review activities (AKA "Secret Games") encourage positive interactions between child and parent, and is there anything a kiddo loves more than quality time with their parent? :)
Click here to see a 2 min. video about how the bracelets work!
Now, when the parent asks, “What did you learn at school today?” the child can proudly share and practice their new learning!
Parent directions print on the back of the bracelets in English and/or Spanish.
The videos and "Secret Games" linked by QR codes are in English.
✓ 12 Science Bracelets with QR codes included (each with a review video & family game):
Animals & Their Young
Living & Nonliving
Needs of Animals
Plants (2 Bracelets: Parts of Plants & Needs of Plants)
States of Matter
Life Cycles (2 Bracelets: Butterfly Life Cycle & Frog Life Cycle)
Each bracelet also includes visual support for the students, including labeled life cycles, the water cycle, the 5 senses, and more!
Check out my FREE BRACELETS
to see if this resource is a good fit for your classroom & parents!
ABOUT Sight Word Bracelet
These "We're Learning About" Bracelets each link to educational YouTube videos using QR codes. If you plan to use these bracelets at school (rather than students' homes), please download the preview to test that the QR codes open on your school device (and on school WiFi) before purchasing. This is because some districts block YouTube, but it won't be an issue if parents use their own devices to access the videos at home. I value your time!
Any FREE QR Code Reader works with this set.
Download one from the App Store (for iPhones & iPads) or Google Play (for Android phones and tablets).
Copyright 2014, Amber Genzink, Teachering. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. The reproduction or distribution of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited. At the time of purchase, additional copies of products can be purchased at half price at my Teachers Pay Teachers store for sharing with others. Duplicating any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden. This would make the product available on the Internet, free of charge, and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Thank you for respecting my time and work. I appreciate your business and support!