This exciting shape unit is the first of a multi-part series. Use this unit to introduce your PreK, Kindergarten, or 1st grade students to the 2D and 3D shapes covered by the Kindergarten CCSS: squares, triangles, rectangles, circles, hexagons, cones, spheres, cubes, and cylinders. This 50 page packet includes pre-tests, posters, art projects, craftivities, math centers, no prep worksheets, and songs.
You will find:
- 2D and 3D shape pre-tests
- Kid-friendly shape definitions
- 2D and 3D shape full color posters
- Shape art projects with directions, ideas, and a photo sample
- "Shape People" craftivity with directions, ideas, fill in the blank printable shape descriptions, and a photo sample
- Shape Spinner math center game with directions, ideas, photo samples, 2D/3D spinners, and corresponding 2D/3D worksheets
- Shape matching no-prep worksheet, 2D and 3D version
- 2D Ice Cream Cone Craftivity with ideas, directions, templates, and a photo sample
- Shape Song- 2D and 3D version
- Printable shape stencils for tracing
- Q-Tip Tracing math center with directions, ideas, photo sample, corresponding worksheet, and tracing templates
This entire product has a blue and green color scheme and a superhero theme.
CCSS K.G. Identify and describe shapes: squares, rectangles, hexagons, circles, triangles, cones, spheres, cylinders, and cubes.
VA SOL K.11.a. Identify, describe, and trace plane geometric figures.
Please rate this product and consider following me if you enjoy it. Not only will your comments help me improve my products, you will also earn TPT credit that you can redeem towards future purchases!
Thank you for taking the time to view this product. I appreciate your interest.
Download this Shape Matching Worksheet Freebie to get a taste of what this shape unit has to offer!
Shape Matching Freebie
If you are interested in diving further into the Kindergarten Geometry standards, check out Super Shapes Part 2 which addresses KG.A.1:
Super Shapes Part 2