This is a Kindergarten packet with 7 different activities that supplement Unit 2 of McGraw Hill's Reading Wonders Series. It contains the following activities to be used for Literacy Stations, centers, or seat work.
1. Roll the Word – Write a word on each side of a cube. (Since Unit 2 has 2 new words and 3 review words, use a word twice for the 6th side of the cube.) Students roll the cube, read the word, and color the space above that word on the sheet.
2. Roll and Write – A step beyond Roll the Word, students trace each word after they roll it.
3. Read and Color – Color each sight word on the page a specific color.
4. Word Art – Students can decorate the sight words of the week with any art materials you provide.
5. Read it. Trace it. Glue it. Draw it. Practice creating and reading sentences that use the unit sight words.
6. Beginning Sound Sort – The sounds in Unit 2 are /p/ and /t/. Students sort the picture cards by beginning sounds.
7. Review Beginning Sound Sort – Unit 2 also reviews /m/, /a/, /s/, /t/, and /p/. Students cut out pictures and sort by beginning sounds. Great for an assessment!