Perfect for home practice, the 29 bracelets in this no-grading-required homework use QR codes to link parents & students to fun sight word videos! Kindergartners can wear the bracelets home or teachers can attach them to their backpacks or folders. No more lost flashcards! This low-prep, age-appropriate Kindergarten homework is great for strengthening the connection and communication between school and home, and it empowers parents to help their children master new words. Each homework bracelet also contains a sentence using the sight word in context with picture support, so Kinder kiddos can show off their reading at home!
♥This is part of my MEGA Kindergarten Homework BUNDLE (with 164+ bracelets)
Why do TEACHERS love this Kindergarten Sight Word Homework Bundle?
1. The QR code bracelets allow for easy differentiation. Give each student bracelets based on their sight word remediation and extension needs, or give the entire class the same bracelet as homework to preview or review words.
2. Students spend extra time at home working on sight words (because, let's face it, there is never enough time at school), and practicing new words in various contexts helps students better retain them.
3. Parents are kept in the know about what their child is learning without time-consuming daily/weekly newsletters. Easily up the school-home connection and communication!
Why do PARENTS love these bracelets?
1. They know exactly what their child is learning.
2. They no longer feel like they don't know how to help their child. The educational videos empower them with a specific (and fun) way to support their child.
3. The homework is short, meaningful, and developmentally appropriate for their Kindergarten-aged child.
But do STUDENTS actually like and want to do this homework?
1. Kindergartners love showing off things they can do! How many times has a kiddo exclaimed, "Mom, Dad, watch me!" before doing something new they just figured out how to do? (Cannon balling into the pool, spinning in a circle, throwing a stick...) This excitement applies to things they learn at school too, and the simple family activities in this homework allow them to shine!
2. Watching the review videos together encourages positive interactions between child and parent, and is there anything a kiddo loves more than quality time with their parent? :)
Now, when the parent asks, “What did you learn at school today?” the child can proudly share and practice their new learning!
Parent directions print on the back of the bracelets in English and/or Spanish.
The videos linked by QR codes are in English.
29 High Frequency Words Included (29 bracelets in black & white or color):
Simply print the color or black/white paper bracelets (the parent directions print on the back), and tape/glue/staple the paper band around the students' wrists or to their backpacks or folders.
Let students know that you have a special video for them to watch at home about the sight word they learned today, and they can show off their new reading skills to their families by reading their bracelet to them after school!
Students will excitedly present the bracelets to their parents to scan with their Smartphone, tablet, or iPad. Students will watch the sight word video and then read the sight words and sight word sentence on their bracelet. Encourage parents to keep the bracelets on the fridge or in a folder for continual review at home.
These Homework Bracelets each link to educational YouTube videos using QR codes. If you plan to use these bracelets at school (rather than students' homes), please download the preview to test that the QR codes open on your school device (and on school WiFi) before purchasing. This is because some districts block YouTube, but it won't be an issue if parents use their own devices to access the videos at home. I value your time!***
To easily download a FREE QR Code Reader
from the App Store (for iPhones & iPads) or Google Play (for Android phones and tablets), just search the phrase, “QR Code Reader” and choose the QR scanner you’d like. I personally use “QR Code Reader” on my Android and “QR Reader” on my iPad & iPhone. Both apps work well for me, but any free QR scanner will work!
Check out my other Kindergarten bracelets (More coming soon!):
✓Kindergarten Bracelets BUNDLE
✓Skip Counting by 10
✓Adding Doubles (2 Bracelets: 1-5 & 6-10)
✓Needs of Animals
✓Plants (2 Bracelets: Parts of Plants & Needs of Plants)
✓States of Matter
✓Life Cycles (2 Bracelets: Butterfly Life Cycle & Frog Life Cycle)
Copyright 2014, Amber Genzink, Teachering. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted to copy pages specifically designed for student or teacher use by the original purchaser or licensee. The reproduction or distribution of any other part of this product is strictly prohibited. At the time of purchase, additional copies of products can be purchased at half price at my Teachers Pay Teachers store for sharing with others. Duplicating any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden. This would make the product available on the Internet, free of charge, and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Thank you for respecting my time and work. I appreciate your business and support!