Are you looking for an engaging new way to help your kindergarten and first grade students pay closer attention to the details of sight words so they can really
remember them? Try riddles!
This bundle of riddle cards, games, and writing activities includes these two sets.
► Kindergarten Sight Word Riddles Set 1
► Kindergarten Sight Word Riddles Set 2
Scroll down and click to see the preview of each set!
The riddles in this bundle include clues for initial/final sound, number of letters, number of syllables, vowels/consonants/, position on word wall (beginning, middle, end), rhyme, and context.
Use this set of 48 sight word riddle cards:
* As a whole class or small group activity, to demonstrate how to integrate the
information in the clues
* As a pocket chart center matching activity
* As task cards in a literacy center
* As a daily “Brain Break” challenge
* As a small group or literacy center game, with the included game board
* As a starting point for an independent/partner writing activity
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
• Look for the star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks! ☺
Follow me on Pinterest
Primary Inspiration Blog
Primary Inspiration Teaching Resources on Facebook