Sight Word and letter practice aligned with Kindergarten Common Core Standards.
This worksheet is part of a 5 document weekly set as well as a 43 document monthly set. There is one for each day of the week, all focusing on one sight word, one color, and one letter for the entire week. Each worksheet in the set provides different skills which build on the previous days while increasing in difficulty.
* For this worksheet children practice writing (tracing) the sight word "the" with attention to letter formation with lines.
* For "Rainbow Writing" they use one color crayon to practice letter formation and then repeat this practice inside the letters with at least 2 more colors.
* They are also introduced to writing (tracing) the color "red" and coloring in the crayon to show their understanding of the color red.
* The letter "A" is introduced as well as the picture of an apple. This can be cut out and used as a sound card.
* The bottom of the page gives more tracing practice of the word "the" with the additional skill of cutting with scissors. Children may use crayons to trace the words, then they cut along the dotted lines and make a bracelet out of it with a piece of scotch tape.
This can be used for whole group instruction, small group instruction, or for an independent (or supervised) independent center.