Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Kindergarten Sight Words
(Nellie Edge Heart Word Program)
Teach 62 most common high-frequency words with proven strategies!
Your students will be reading and writing "heart word" SENTENCES with fluency and writing stamina!
OVERVIEW of this complete kindergarten sight word resource
1. MasterClass Intensive Power Guide with step-by-step strategies (134 pages)
2. Sing, Sign, Spell and Read! program from Nellie Edge: MP3 of 34 spelling songs and chants
3. Over 200 pages of templates, posters, and activities for 62 sight words
These ready-to-print props are the same resources that Nellie Edge uses in her live workshops and online seminars. Consider this for your professional development!
AUTHENTIC multisensory teaching and learning is how the brain learns best!
We call high-frequency words “heart words” because children learn them to read and write them “by heart.” This INSTANTLY allows them to write heart-connecting sentences such as “I love you.”
Teachers love this engaging approach to “heart word” work because it dramatically accelerates reading and writing proficiency. (Our action research shows kindergartners use these 62 words over 65% of the time in their writing!) Parents and children love pink, purple, yellow, and green “heart words” because it differentiates learning and gives students individual crystal-clear learning targets! Children delight in practicing at home and at school!
This Multisensory Program Includes:
• 32 most frequently used kindergarten words
• MP3 of spelling songs by Nellie Edge
• 48 “I Can Read” Anthology pages
• Large fingerspelling/word cards
• Entire set of visual props for 62 heart word templates (pink, purple, yellow, and green)
• 2 handwriting chants
• 4 Large printable posters (ready to send to printer)
• Best practices photo essay: Dramatically Accelerate Kindergarten Writing Proficiency
• 129-page Master Class PD guide (as a printed PowerPoint) with step-by-step teaching support
• Table of Contents
• “Parents as Partners” letters and small take-home “heart word” sets
• Table of Contents
• Permission granted for one classroom to make copies of program for parent involvement
Sight Words Include:
Pink Heart Words: I, cat, a, love, dog, you, see, Mom, the, Dad, we, me, my, can, like, house
Purple Heart Words: To, book, by, end, look, Dear, thank, From, have, this, is, yes, and, no, it
Yellow Heart Words: he, she, at, for, with, are, was, on, am, his, girl, said, boy, that, play, be, an
Green Heart Words: stop, her, go, in, if, of, they, going, get, today, as, went, friend, because, favorite
Blank Heart Word Templates: These invite you to add your school’s word list!
Spelling songs Include:
1. L-o-v-e Spells Love (see online video at www.NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
2. The “I” Chant
3. I Always Start My Letters at the Top, traditional
4. M-o-m Spells Mom to the tune of L-o-v-e Spells Love (see online video at www.NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
5. The Spelling Chant, author unknown (see online video at www.NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
6. S-e-e- Spells See (tune of Are You Sleeping?)
7. L-i-k-e Spells Like (tune of L-o-v-e Spells Love)
8. I Can! c-a-n (inspiration from Kathy Bridges)
9. Have you Ever Spelled Have?
10. We Can Write “By Heart” Words (inspiration from Diane Bonica)
11. I Can Spell Cat, A Nellie Edge Read and Sing Big Book™
12. My House (inspiration from Julie Lay)
13. You’re My Friend: F-r-i-e-n-d
14. Thank You
15. I Can Spell Because
16. M-Y My Rhymes with B-Y By (musical inspiration from Rosalie Karalekas)
17. B-o-o-k Book!
18. D-e-a-r Dear Song
19. Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star: A-r-e Spells Are
21. I Am Very, Very Happy: H-a-p-p-y (inspiration from Gina Edge)
22. T-h-i-s Spells This (tune of You’re in the Army Now)
23. There’s an “ing” in King (see online video at www.NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
24. F-R-O-M Spells From
25. I Said S-a-i-d
26. Write a Letter Song: To and From (inspiration from Winter Curry)
27. My Favorite New Word
28. “Heart Word” Poem
29. Helper of the Day Song (inspiration from Katie Nelson)
30. Helper of the Day Instrumental
31. Once Upon a Time: O-n-c-e Once! (inspiration from Laura Flocker)
32. Prolific Writers Are We!
33. T-H-E E-N-D! Chant (see online video at www.NellieEdge.com/sightwords)
34. The “O” Dance (Music Only)
(over 200 pages)
See how quickly your students will be reading and writing SENTENCES with fluency and writing stamina!
• Give children crystal-clear objectives
• Involve “parents as partners”
• Provide assessment-driven instruction
• Teach “heart word” sentences for fluency
• Create a growth mindset and celebrate mastery
• Dramatically accelerate writing proficiency!
• Save prep time and enjoy joyful accelerate literacy!
Do not purchase this program if you have already purchased Nellie Edge Online Seminars #3 "Authentic Sight Word Work" (a.k.a. Nellie Edge Multisensory Heart Word Program), a MasterClass Intensive with step-by-step video tutorial. The MP3 of spelling songs and chants and over 200 pages of templates and Professional Development guide are included in NEOS #3!
Use Sing, Sign, Spell, and Read! for your Parents as Partners program!
Want to check out other related products by Nellie Edge?