Also included in
- Help your students master their sight words with this MEGA BUNDLE of fun and engaging sight word practice activities. Sight Words can be tricky and hard for students to learn. That’s why emergent readers need lots of practice. Learning sight words with this Sight Word Practice Activities Mega Bundl$140.00$183.00Save $43.00
- This MEGA bundle is a compilation of the activities I use during reading groups & reading intervention. It’s jam-packed with great ideas to help your little learners become stronger readers! You can use these activities before, during, or after reading groups. Directions for each unit are includ$230.00$290.50Save $60.50
Your students have learned how to decode and read high frequency words and irregular spelled words in isolation, and are now ready to practice reading those words in context to master reading fluency! Learning to recognize and read words by sight is a foundational part of reading fluently. These I Can Read Sight Word Fluency Passages! are easy to prep and help your students build their reading fluency AND their reading confidence!
Your early learners will work on progressing from decoding and reading words in isolation to reading words in context. They also have the opportunity to use their encoding skills to write a sentence after they read. You can fold the paper in half and use the bottom part of the page as dictation practice as well.
This resource is also differentiated to meet your students' needs and includes over 300 pages of reading practice. After your students have mastered the words by sight, you can use these reading pages as an assessment tool as well.
These sight word practice pages are also compatible with Seesaw and Google Slides™, making them convenient and easy to assign in your technology center or as extra practice at home.
⭐️ I Can Read Sight Word Fluency Activities Includes:
- Over 300 reading practice pages
- Easily decodeable words to practice phonics skills
- Students highlight the “tricky remembering” parts in the high frequency words
- Reading pages without pictures to use as pre/post assessments
- Seesaw and Google Slides™ ready!
- Additional UK/Australia spelling on-page directions (colour/favourite)
Build confidence in those budding readers with these I Can Read Sight Word Fluency Passages! The practice worksheets provide built-in support and even challenge students to work on writing and comprehension skills.
⭐️ Students Will Practice Reading Fluently By:
- Touching and reading each sight word in isolation (they can also map the sounds of "tricky" words on each page).
- Finding the focus word and highlighting it in the sentence if needed.
- Reading the sentences multiple times for fluency.
- Re-writing a sentence to practice encoding or dictation practice.
- Drawing a picture for comprehension.
These reading passages are perfect for independent practice, morning work, centers, small group instruction, intervention, or extra practice at home.
Teachers love these sight word reading fluency pages because they are no prep and work with any curriculum!
“I loved this resource for my students. The visuals and large print really helped the students be able to use the prompts to read the sentence. The pride they felt when reading something without staff support was awesome to see.”- Tammie B.
"My students loved doing these in centers! Each week, I'd change out the worksheet to match the new sight words that we learned, and my kids were really engaged with these. It's easy to differentiate for students, too, since you can just pull out different words for different groups of kids. I love this resource!!" -Mrs. M
These reading fluency pages cover a variety of kindergarten high frequency words so they can be used along side any curriculum.
The following focus words are included:
a, about, again, all, am, an, and, any, are, around, as, ask, at, ate, away, be, because, been, before, big, blue, boy, but, by, called, came, can, come, could, day, did, do, does, down, each, eat, every, find, first, five, for, four, from, funny, get, girl, give, go, good, got, great, green, had, happy, has, have, he, help, her, here, him, his, how, I, if, in, into, is, it, its, jump, just, know, let, like, little, long, look, love, made, make, many, may, me, more, much, must, my, name, new, no, not, now, number, of, off, old, on, one, only, or, other, our, out, over, part, people, play, please, pretty, put, ran, red, right, run, said, same, saw, say, see, she, show, sit, so, some, soon, stop, take, tell, than, that, the, their, them, then, there, these, they, thing, think, this, three, time, to, together, too, two, up, us, use, very, walk, want, was, water, way, we, went, were, what, when, where, which, who, why, will, with, words, would, write, yellow, yes, you, your
⭐️ SAVE BIG with the MEGA Bundle ⭐️
Find these sight word fluency passages and even MORE beginning reading activities in the Guided Reading Intervention Mega Bundle!
⭐Get special access to join Miss Kindergarten's private Facebook group!
In this group, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with other PreK, Kinder, and 1st grade teachers, gain and share new ideas, get extra teaching support, access to exclusive freebies, and special discounts on resources in my shop!
⭐Join the group today! >>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/misskindergartenlounge/