This is the 10th and final package I've created to supplement Reading Wonders. If you have purchased Units 1-9, I am giving it away to you FREE as a thank you for your faithfulness! Please send me a message with your email address and I will send it to you.
This Kindergarten packet includes 16 different literacy activities:
1. Roll and Color – Write a word on each side of a cube. Students roll the cube, read the word, and color the space above that word on the sheet. There are 2 versions.
2. Roll and Trace – A step beyond Roll the Word, students trace each word after they roll it. There are 2 versions.
3. Word Art – Students can decorate the sight words of the week with any art materials you provide at the art center. Short sentences are also provided with review words.
4. Read and Color – Color each sight word on the page a specific color.
5. Read it. Trace it. Glue it. Draw it. Practice creating and reading sentences that use the unit sight words. 5 different sentences are included.
6. Sound Sort: Short e or Long e? – Students sort the picture cards by short e or long e. Beginning and medial vowel sounds are included.
7. Short e or Long e Sheets – Students mark whether they hear the short e or long e in each pictured word. Advanced students can write the whole word. Can be used as assessment.
8. Sound Sort: Short u or Long u? Students sort the picture cards by short u or long u. Beginning and medial vowel sounds are included.
9. Short u and Long u Sheets – Students mark whether they hear the short u or long u in each pictured word. Advanced students can write the whole word. Can be used as assessment.
10. Where Do You Hear the Same Sound? Students sort the picture cards by whether the two pictured words have the same beginning, middle, or ending sounds.
11. Where Do You Hear the Same Sound Recording Sheet – Students record the word pairs according to where they hear the same sounds. This sheet can also be used as an assessment.
12. Sort Long e Words – Students will choose a card, read it, and sort it by how the long e sound is spelled. There are 3 sorting cards: e_e, e, and ee. I have also included some ey words as well.
13. Sound Sort Sheet – Sort pictures by long and short e vowel sounds. Can be used as assessment.
14. Sound Sort Sheet – Sort pictures by long and short u vowel sounds. Can be used as assessment.
15. Middle Muddle 2! – Practice with phoneme substitution. Match word cards and picture cards that can be made by changing the middle sound of the word. Then write the new word with dry erase marker on the word blanks.
16. Middle Muddle 2 Recording Sheet – Students record the words that they wrote in Middle Muddle 2. This sheet can also be used as an assessment.
These activities can be used for seatwork, literacy stations, or centers. Enjoy!