This is a Kindergarten packet with 10 different activities to supplement Unit 3 of Reading Wonders:
1. Roll the Word – Write a word on each side of a cube. (Since Unit 3 has 3 new words, I’ve added 3 review words from Units 1 and 2.) Students roll the cube, read the word, and color the space above that word on the sheet.
2. Roll and Write – A step beyond Roll the Word, students trace each word after they roll it.
3. Read and Color – Color each sight word on the page a specific color.
4. Word Art – Students can decorate the sight words of the week with any art materials you provide.
5. Read it. Trace it. Glue it. Draw it. Practice creating and reading sentences that use the unit sight words.
6. Beginning Sound Sort – The sounds in Unit 3 are /i/, /n/, and /c/. Students sort the picture cards by beginning sounds.
7. Where Do You Hear the /i/? – Unit 3 also introduces medial /i/. Students mark whether they hear the /i/ sound at the beginning or middle of each word.
8. Syllable Sort 1 – Sort pictures cards according to the number of syllables.
9. Syllable Sort 2 – A cut and paste activity - Independently sort picture cards according to the number of syllables.
10. How Many Syllables? – Students circle whether they hear 1, 2, or 3 syllables in each pictured word.
These activities can be used for seat work, literacy stations, or centers.