This is a Kindergarten packet with 11 different activities:
1. Roll and Color – Write a word on each side of a cube. (Since Unit 4 has 2 new words, I’ve added 4 review words.) Students roll the cube, read the word, and color the space above that word on the sheet.
2. Roll and Trace – A step beyond Roll the Word, students trace each word after they roll it.
3. Word Art – Students can decorate the sight words of the week and simple sight word sentences with any art materials you provide at the art center.
4. Read and Color – Color each sight word on the page a specific color.
5. Read it. Trace it. Glue it. Draw it. Practice creating and reading sentences that use the unit sight words.
6. Where do you hear the /d/? Sound Sort – Students sort the picture cards by whether the /d/ sound is at the beginning, middle, or end of the word.
7. Where do you hear the /d/ Sheet – Students mark whether they hear the /d/ sound at the beginning, middle, or end of the word. Can be used as assessment.
8. Sound Sort – Sort picture cards by beginning sounds /d/, /o/, and /k/. Can be used as assessment.
9. Syllable Sort 1 – Sort pictures cards according to the number of syllables.
10. Syllable Sort 2 – A cut and paste activity - Independently sort picture cards according to the number of syllables.
11. How Many Syllables? – Students circle whether they hear 1, 2, or 3 syllables in each pictured word. Can be used as assessment.
These activities can be used for seatwork, literacy stations, or centers. Enjoy!