This is a Kindergarten packet with 16 different activities created to supplement unit 7 of McGraw Hill's Reading Wonders Series:
1. Roll and Color – Write a word on each side of a cube. Students roll the cube, read the word, and color the space above that word on the sheet.
2. Roll and Trace – A step beyond Roll the Word, students trace each word after they roll it.
3. Word Art – Students can decorate the sight words of the week with any art materials you provide at the art center.
4. Read and Color – Color each sight word on the page a specific color.
5. Read it. Trace it. Glue it. Draw it. Practice creating and reading sentences that use the unit sight words. 4 different sentences are included.
6. Sound Sort: Beginning v or Ending x? – Students sort the picture cards by beginning v or ending x.
7. Beginning /v/ or Ending /ks/x Sheets – Students mark whether they hear the beginning v sound or the ending x sound in each pictured word. Advanced students can write the whole word. Can be used as assessment.
8. Sound Sort: Beginning /g/ or /w/? Students sort the picture cards by beginning /g/ or /w/.
9. Beginning /g/ or /w/Sheets – Students mark whether they hear the /g/ or /w/ sound at the beginning of each pictured word. Advanced students can write the whole word. Can be used as assessment
10. Sound Count: How many sounds in the word? Students sort the picture cards by the number of sounds in the word.
11. Sound Count Sheets – Two sheets - Students mark how many sounds they hear in each word. Can be used as assessment.
12. Sound Sort Sheet – Sort pictures by beginning /g/ and /w/ sounds. Can be used as assessment.
13. Sound Sort Sheet – Sort pictures by beginning /v/ and ending /ks/x sounds. Can be used as assessment.
14. Syllable Sort 5 – Sort pictures cards according to the number of syllables in each word. One to 4 syllable words are included.
15. How Many Syllables? – Students circle whether they hear 1, 2, 3, or 4 syllables in each pictured word. Can be used as assessment.
16. Change the Word! Two sheets to practice phoneme deletion and addition. One sheet focuses on beginning sounds and the other focus on ending sounds.
These activities can be used for seat work, literacy stations, or centers. Enjoy!