Also included in
- Ready to transform your kindergarten math curriculum? The Empowering Little Mathematicians Kindergarten Math Curriculum has everything you need to make kindergarten math fun and meaningful! The kindergarten guided math curriculum for the year is the perfect way to help your students explore math con$80.00$104.00Save $24.00
- Teaching kindergarten has never been easier! This kindergarten complete curriculum bundle includes systematic, research-based, age-appropriate, and EFFECTIVE curriculum for kindergarten. Everything you need to teach effective lessons in kindergarten is included.This curriculum is designed with class$250.00$440.00Save $190.00
Are you ready to explore subtraction to 10 in Kindergarten? Everything you need to teach an engaging Kindergarten subtraction unit is included here! Students will learn to take away, use subtraction strategies to solve subtraction problems to 10, and to solve subtraction story problems (subtraction word problems)
This Kindergarten subtraction guided math unit was developed to provide hands-on guided math lessons that can be taught either whole group or in small guided math groups.
This unit just received a huge update! If you already own this Kindergarten subtraction unit, please redownload.
This Kindergarten subtraction unit includes:
- Subtraction Strategies Posters
- Math Word Wall Vocabulary Cards
- Story Problems Anchor Chart
- Mentor Text Suggestions
- 10 Differentiated Lessons
- Subtraction to 10 Worksheets
- Parent Home Connections (Optional homework)
- End of Unit Subtraction to 10 Assessment
- 5 Subtraction to 10 Math Centers
Each lesson includes:
- Math Warm Up Activities
- Whole Group Math Lesson
- Partner or Small Group Math Activities
- Independent Practice
- Home Connection
- Differentiation Options for Scaffolding or Extending Learning
Kindergarten Subtraction Math Centers:
- Cube Subtraction
- Spin and Subtract
- Spin, Subtract, and Cover
- Roll and Subtract
- Subtract Around the Room
Kindergarten Subtraction unit lessons:
- Taking Away
- The Minus Sign
- Subtracting with Counters
- Subtracting with Fingers
- Subtracting with Cubes
- Subtracting on a Ten Frame
- Subtracting by Drawing Pictures
- Subtracting on a Number Line
- Subtraction Story Problems
- Subtraction Word Problems
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is this unit included in any bundle? Yes! This Kindergarten subtraction unit is included in the Empowering Little Mathematicians Kindergarten Math Curriculum.
Can I use this Kindergarten math unit in my homeschool curriculum? Yes! This Kindergarten subtraction unit would work well in a homeschool curriculum. The ready-to-go, differentiated lesson plans make it easy to teach.
Are the kindergarten math lesson plans differentiated? Yes! Each lesson includes differentiation options for scaffolding or challenging learning.
What math tools will I need for this kindergarten guided math unit? Suggested math tools include:
- double-sided counters
- spinners or paperclips and pencils
What are teachers saying about this Kindergarten subtraction to 10 unit?
This is one of my favorite TPT purchases ever! I love how simply and easily it teaches subtraction following a progression that makes sense for students. I love how each day teaches a new strategy for subtraction and my students were so engaged. This resource is far better than any commercial math program I have had to teach from.
I purchased this resource to supplement another math program I was using and ended up buying the math curriculum for the whole year. Her work was perfect for my students as I could easily adjust the materials to suit their needs and skills. I highly recommend it for your classroom!
This resource is a wonderful addition to our subtraction unit. Everything is specifically planned and put together in a meaningful way. Wonderful resource!
Have more questions about this Kindergarten subtraction Unit? Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Copyright © Natalie Lynn Kindergarten
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.