This Valentine's Day unit includes fun activities that you can incorporate into your February centre/guided group plans in your Kindergarten classroom!
This 40 page mini unit includes:
VALENTINE PRINTING MAT
- Print & laminate these mats and put them in the writing centre with dry erase markers! Includes the sight words: a, he, she, I, in, is, it, of, that, the, to, and, was. In colour and B&W.
I LOVE YOU TO PIECES
- Have students tear construction paper and cover the heart. Then have the students trace and fill in the Dear: _____, I love you to pieces and From: ________. There is a blank version included with just the heart so that your higher students can write the greeting, message and closing on their own.
I LOVE HEART BOOKLETS
- Print these pages on red or pink cardstock and staple it to blank white paper. Staple the top left corner of each heart as well before cutting them out to make heart shaped mini books. Then have the students write "I love _____" sentences inside the booklets.
LOVE, SPLAT WRITING PAPER
- Read Love, Splat by Rob Scotton and have students make a text-to-self connection to the book. The question is "Splat likes Kitten more than fish sticks and ice-cream. Who do you like more than fish sticks and ice-cream?" Fill in the blank, tracing and blank writing line versions are included.
THINGS AND PEOPLE I LOVE CLASS BOOK
- Have each student in your class complete a page and add the cover to the front. There is a pre-made cover and a blank cover. If you choose the blank cover you can have a student or a few students work together to illustrate the cover.
Once the book is complete read the book to the students and then add it to your classroom library!
- Have students make the letters with do-a-dot markers or bingo daubers and read the simple sentences. There is 2 letters included
- V is for Valentine's Day
- H is for heart
COLOURFUL HEARTS MINI BOOK
- Have students read simple sentences and showing their comprehension with this mini book. Students will read a simple sentence (e.g. I see one red heart) and then colour the heart on the page red. Numbers to ten are included.
VALENTINE CARD HELPERS
- Set these out at your card making centre to help your students write messages to their friends.
VALENTINE NUMBER WORDS
- Have students practice number words by counting the picture(s), tracing the number word and then writing the number word. Numbers 1-5 and 6-10.
- Set this printable out with Valentine stamps (you can find them at Dollarama, Dollar Tree, Michaels etc.) and have the students make 3 different patterns and label the core.
You can see some of these printables in action on my blog by clicking here
I hope you enjoy using these printables with your students!
Please let me know if you have any questions prior to purchasing!
• My Book of Valentine's Day Words
• FREE Melted Crayon Valentine's Day Cards
Looking for more? Take a little time to EXPLORE!
♦ BEST SELLING Editable Teaching Portfolio