Looking for some Winter themed math activities to use with your Kindergarten students during Winter? The activities presented in this pack are simple and easy to use – just print, photocopy and go! There is NO PREP involved. The activity pages are all in black and white and use fun Winter themed clip art. These activities are engaging and fun for all students to complete.
The activities included are:
* Winter Mitten Tens Frames: Draw dots in the tens frame to match the number written on each mitten.
* Making Ten Equations: Count and draw the number of dots needed to make ten. Finish the equation.
* Count and Compare Cups of Hot Chocolate: Count the number of dots on each set of tens frames. Color in the cup of cocoa that has the most dots.
* Penguin Tens Frames: Count the number of dots on each tens frame. Cut and paste the number that matches.
* Let’s Count Polar Bears: Count the number of dots on each polar bear. Cut and paste the number next to the correct polar bear.
* Counting Snowflakes: Count the number of snowflakes in each set. In the space provided, print the number of snowflakes that are in each set.
* How Many Winter Hats? Count the number of hats in each box below. Then, color in the number that tells how many winter hats there are in each box.
* Roll and Trace a Number: Roll a die. Then, trace a number in the column of the number you have rolled.
* Gingerbread Number Order: For each set of gingerbread people, write the number that comes before and after each given number.
* Penguin Skip Counting by 10’s: Skip count by 10’s and write the missing numbers on each penguin from 0 to 100.
* Winter Addition: Solve the winter addition problems by coloring in the numbers to be added. Write the answer on the line.
* Winter Subtraction: Solve the winter subtraction problems by crossing out the numbers to be subtracted. Write the answer on the line.
* Winter Addition (to 10): Solve the winter addition problems. Cut out the snowflakes and use them to help you solve the problems. [With built-in manipulatives]
* Winter Subtraction within 10: Solve the winter subtraction problems. Cut out the snowflakes and use them to help you solve the problems. [With built-in manipulatives]
* Comparing Numbers: Look at each set of gingerbread cookies. Color in the gingerbread cookie that has the greater number.
* Count and Graph the Winter Clothing: Count the clothing pieces that are the same and graph them on the chart.
* Toys for Sale: Answer the questions below using the pictures to help you.
* Mitten Patterns: Color in the mittens according to the pattern rules.
* Winter Patterns: Complete the pattern in each row.
* Winter Ways to Make Ten: Show different ways to make ten by coloring in the snowballs using two different crayons. Then write an equation beside each way.