Don't have time to research quality ideas for centers or small group activities? Try this product which includes 18 different center/activity ideas to go with Wonders™ Unit 3 Weeks 1 - 3. Each week's center activities correspond with the theme for that week. Most activities simply require you to print and laminate. If you want to add greater student interest, there are also ways to add to these centers to increase motivation in simple ways. Many centers include a recording sheet for increased accountability. Some centers also allow for differentiation. This product can be used as independent work, partner activities, small group or even whole group activities.
There is also a bonus Zoo Themed packet that gives you ideas to enhance week 2 centers to make them extra special!
*** Watch for more centers for each unit in the future! ***
Week 1 - Rules to Go By
- What's in the Middle? - medial sounds
- Punctuation Puppet Theater - punctuation . and ?
- Can You Read It? - reading the room with sight words
- Real or Nonsense? - reading CVC real and nonsense words
- Build a Word - sight word - to
- Where Do You Put It? - end punctuation . and ?
Week 2 - Sounds Around Us
- Bump It! - bump game reviewing initial sounds
- Blending Sounds Around - phonemic awareness blending CVC words
- N is for Necklace - Nn art project
- Classroom Sounds Scavenger Hunt
- At the Zoo Writing Center - choose an animal to write about
- Puzzled Bears - initial and final /n/ puzzles
Week 3 - The Places We Go
- Clapping Syllables Center
- Go Fish! - matching initial sounds taught so far
- To Start With … Centers - find what all the pictures start with/find which picture does not start like the others
- What's the Order? - sequence 4 events
- Spin Me! - reading sight words or CVC words games
- Where Do You Go? - write about places you go
* Please note this product is not endorsed or affiliated with McGraw-Hill publishing.