Use this packet as a quick write warm up for your Kindergarten writing.
Writing in Kindergarten is so important. “Emergent literacy research has shown us that children are not ruined by being allowed to write before they can read. Rather, they learn many important concepts and develop the confidence that they can write” (Cunningham, 1995, p. 25).
We have created these Kindergarten Writing booklets to compliment Morning Message, Daily News, Shared/Guided Writing, Writer’s Workshop or any other writing experience you provide for your students in your classroom.
These booklets will allow the children to write quickly and independently every day.
April, month 8, students are writing a page for a book each day. Each week has a new topic for a new book. Questions are presented on each page to scaffold their writing. The objective is for the students to write a story.
• Week 1 – When I Was Sick
• Week 2 – $100.00
• Week 3 – 3 Wishes
• Week 4 – My Friend
– objective is name writing- Students write name and see that names are words made up of letters that are always written in the same order – students practice writing names.
- objective is to be able to read and write numbers and number words– Students practice writing numbers 1-10, number words, and count Halloween objects.
– objective is to be able to write all upper and lowercase letters so students can put them together to write words– practice with writing all capital and lowercase letters and write initial sounds of some Thanksgiving objects.
- objective is to think of words that complete a thought and write them– Students read some simple sight words and complete a phrase by writing a word and then drawing a picture.
- objective is for the students to choose words that make sense in a simple sentence - Students write the words to complete the sight word sentence.
- objective is for the students to choose words that make sense and write them to respond to a simple writing prompt. Handwriting lines are included this month. Students illustrate their sentences. They form questions and use descriptive words. Valentine’s Day prompts are included.
– objective is to write sentences – Each day students write a sentence to answer a question about a weekly topic.
– objective is to write a story – Students create a “book” each week and illustrate it.
– objective is independent writing. Students write in their daily journals. They write about anything they want.
To see other months click Monthly K Writing
Thank you for visiting The Fun Factory. Please follow us by clicking the star above to receive notices of new products. If you find this product useful, please rate it and leave positive feedback to receive TpT credits.
If you have any questions or need help with this product please email us at email@example.com