This complete Kindergarten writing curriculum includes a full school year of daily activities and lessons. This incremental writing curriculum will guide your students step-by-step through the writing process while also teaching spelling, grammar, and much more. All reference sheets, templates, and instructions are included with this program.
Within this Kindergarten writing curriculum you will find multiple writing lessons that include music, food, movement, and manipulatives to keep your students engaged in the writing process.
- Alphabet charts: single and double sound
- Vowel charts
- Useful words lists
- An introduction to the brainstorming chart.
- Modeling of various types of kindergarten writing throughout the program.
- Hundreds of actual kindergarten writing samples throughout the program with suggestions on how to push the writer to the next level of proficiency.
- Weekly spelling activities
- Counting sounds
- Power vowels
- “Pop-Off” and “Shut-Off” activities
- Mouth movement instruction
- Long vowels and vowel combinations
- Beginning-middle-end sounds
- “sh” and “th” words
- Sequencing and transitional word lessons
- Developing the concept of a sentence
- Numerous templates and pictures for each week to keep students excited about the weekly lessons.
- Tips for improving details and elaboration
- Narrative writing lessons on how to retell a story.
- Journal activities
- Multiple scored papers, of various levels, for comparison
- Explanations and samples of picture, pre-writing and Kindergarten rubrics
Below are just a few Kindergarten writing activities that your students will enjoy while implementing this program:
- Creating their own writing journals utilizing photographs from home and pictures from magazines.
- Using mirrors, finger paint and cotton balls to write about their emotions.
- Painting, cutting and cooking apples to learn about sequencing.
- Developing books about their school environment.
- Creating unique works while studying African-American history.
- Incorporating science into their writing lessons by studying light through shadow creation, rainbows, prisms and water.
- Incorporating math into your writing lessons by using pumpkins and their seeds.
- Incorporating social studies activities into your writing workshops during Thanksgiving and while creating books about their country, state or city.
- Writing activities connected to fire safety week.
To view the table of contents and sample writing workshops please click on the link below.