Also included in
- This bundle contains 7 writing units for a FULL year of writing curriculum! Also available:First Grade Writing Curriculum HERE***DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE THIS CURRICULUM IN ACTIONDo you struggle with teaching your students how to write? Do you feel like you need more confidence and guidance in te$80.00$105.00Save $25.00
Kindergarten Writing Curriculum (The Bundle)
***DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE THIS CURRICULUM IN ACTION
Do you struggle with teaching your students how to write? Do you feel like you need more confidence and guidance in teaching writing? This Kindergarten Writing Curriculum has EVERYTHING you need to be successful with teaching writing!
What Units are Included in the Bundle?
- Unit 1: Personal Narrative: Sharing my Stories
- Unit 2: Non-Realistic Fiction: Using our Imagination (coming soon)
- Unit 3: Writing to Teach & Inform: How-to Books (coming soon)
- Unit 4: Poetry: Exploring Poetry (coming soon)
- Unit 5: Realistic-Fiction: Writing Interesting Stories (coming soon)
- Unit 6: Opinion & persuasive Writing: Changing the World (coming soon)
- Unit 7: Non-Fiction Chapter Books: Creating a Chapter Book (coming soon)
Unit 1 Scope:
Lesson 1 Research: Introduction to personal narrative
Lesson 2 Planning: Topics I can write about
Lesson 3 Planning: Choosing a small moment
Lesson 4 Writing/drawing to tell about what happened first
Lesson 5 Writing/drawing to tell about what happened next
Lesson 6 Writing/drawing to tell about what happened last
Lesson 7 Revising: Adding details and labels to my story
Lesson 8 Planning: Choosing a small moment
Lesson 9 Writing/drawing to tell about what happened first
Lesson 10 Writing/drawing to tell about what happened next
Lesson 11 Writing/drawing to tell about what happened last
Lesson 12 Revising: Adding details and labels to my story
Lesson 13 Planning: Choosing a small moment
Lesson 14 Writing/drawing to tell about what happened first
Lesson 15 Writing/drawing to tell about what happened next
Lesson 16 Writing/drawing to tell about what happened last
Lesson 17 Revising: Adding details and labels to my story
Lesson 18 Proofreading my best story
Lesson 19 Getting & giving feedback
Lesson 20 Using feedback to edit my story
Lesson 21 Publishing my story
Lesson 22 End of unit celebration
Part 1: Pre-Unit On Demand
This quick writing task provides an an opportunity to assess prior knowledge. Use this writing sample to guide your teaching throughout the unit and measure growth.
Part 2: Lessons
Each lesson is broken up into 6 easy-to-follow parts.
- Focus- The skill, strategy, or idea students will be focusing on this lesson.
- Warm Up- A quick activity that has students review and practice previous skills.
- Mini Lesson- Teach, model, and discuss the new skill in today’s lesson.
- Practice-The hands-on portion of the lesson where students apply what they have learned in the mini lesson to their own writing. During this time you will conference individually with students.
- Mid-Practice Teaching Point-A quick reminder and chance to highlight the great work students are doing.
- Share- Lesson wrap up where students analyze, reflect on, and share their work.
Part 3: Final Writing Piece
The unit final writing piece is a published piece of writing that highlights everything the student learned in this unit.
Part 4: Post-Unit On Demand
This quick writing task provides an opportunity to assess progress and measure growth.
Depending on the time you have available for writing, I have suggested schedules for the following time blocks:
- 60 Minute Time Block
- 45 Minute Time Block
- 30 Minute Time Block
- Research- Learn about a style of writing or topic.Read and look at great books to get ideas
- Planning: Decide on a topic and plan out your ideas.
- Writing: Use your plan to help you write your story.
- Revising: Improve your writing by adding details.
- Proofreading: Check your work. Use your resources to help you.
- Feedback: Ask others to read your story and give you ideas of how to improve it!
- Editing: Use the feedback you got from others to help make your story even better!
- Publishing: Make a neat copy of your book that is ready to share with the world!
- Tips for Getting Started (Classroom and Material Organization and Procedures)
- Developmental Writing Stages
- Unit Text (Mentor Text) Guides
- Conferencing Guides
- Conferencing Planner
- Conferencing Tracker
- Assessment Guide
- Rubrics and Rubric Guide
- Multiple Writing Templates
- Publishing Party Guide
- Publishing Party Supplies
- Unit Posters
- Personal Writing Narrative Idea Charts
- The Writing Process Chart
- Writing Checklists
- Peer Editing Checklist
- Young Author Award
- Writing Folder Covers
- Pencil Organization Labels
- Writers Library Labels
- Alphabet Chart (full and mini size)
- Letter Formation Chart (full and mini size)
- Alphabet Sounds Chart (full and mini size)
- Word Wall Personal Book (blank copy and sight word copy)
- We Are Authors Banner
- 3 Wordless Picture Books
- Black and White Version Included
Feel free to email me at email@example.com
Be sure to follow the Moffatt Girls on: