Use this packet as a quick write
warm-up for your Kindergarten writing.
Writing in Kindergarten is so important. “Emergent literacy research has shown us that children are not ruined by being allowed to write before they can read. Rather, they learn many important concepts and develop the confidence that they can write” (Cunningham, 1995, p. 25).
We have created these Kindergarten Writing booklets to compliment Morning Message, Daily News, Shared/Guided Writing, Writer’s Workshop or any other writing experience you provide for your students in your classroom.
These booklets will allow the children to write quickly and independently every day.
March, month 7, has writing lines and questions about a different topic each week
. Each day has a new question about the week’s topic. The objective is for the students to choose words that make sense and write them to form a sentence that answers the questions. Students then illustrate their answers
• Week 1 – Superhero
• Week 2 – Pets
• Week 3 - Friends
• Week 4 – Favorite Book
– the objective is name writing- Students write name and see that names are words made up of letters that are always written in the same order – students practice writing names.
- the objective is to be able to read and write numbers and number words– Students practice writing numbers 1-10, number words, and count Halloween objects.
– the objective is to be able to write all upper and lowercase letters so students can put them together to write words– practice with writing all capital and lowercase letters and write initial sounds of some Thanksgiving objects.
- the objective is to think of words that complete a thought and write them– Students read some simple sight words and complete a phrase by writing a word and then drawing a picture.
- the objective is for the students to choose words that make sense in a simple sentence - Students write the words to complete the sight word sentence.
- the objective is for the students to choose words that make sense and write them to respond to a simple writing prompt. Handwriting lines are included this month. Students illustrate their sentences. They form questions and use descriptive words. Valentine’s Day prompts are included.
– the objective is to write sentences – Each day students write a sentence to answer a question about a weekly topic.
– the objective is to write a story – Students create a “book” each week and illustrate it.
– objective is independent writing. Students write in their daily journals. They write about anything they want.
Please click here
to see all of the months.
Thank you for visiting The Fun Factory.
❤️ How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Each time you leave feedback, TPT gives you credits that you can use to lower the cost of your next purchases. Please rate this product and leave feedback.
❤️️ Be the first to know about our new products.
Click this link to become a follower. Follow The Fun Factory.
Like us on Facebook at The Fun Factory 12
If you have any questions or need help with this product please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org