Are you looking for ways to create a culture of kindness in your school or classroom? This kindness bulletin board kit has everything you need to help develop and encourage kindness all year long. Make kindness cool in your school!
Watch the VIDEO or click on the PREVIEW to learn more!
- two sizes of letter templates to spell "KINDNESS is COOL in our SCHOOL!" (5 inches and 9 inches tall)...great for a bulletin board or large hallway display
- small, medium and large fish templates
- kindness jar labels (color and black & white)
- three different reward bracelets
- one certificate
- one poster (color and black & white)
- directions for printing and assembly
How do I use this in my classroom or school?
- Use the fish templates during a character education lesson about kindness. Have students write something about kindness on a fish. Writing prompt ideas include how they can be kind to others, why kindness is important, what kindness looks like, or what kindness sounds like. Create the bulletin board and display their fish.
- Use the kit to encourage kindness all year long! Create the bulletin board without the fish. When you see an act of kindness in your classroom, write the student's name and what they did on a fish and add it to the bulletin board. You might have students do this, too. Keep adding fish throughout the school year to see how large your school of fish can be!
- Create a kindness jar with the included label. Add a fish cracker to the jar when you see an act of kindness in your classroom. Set a goal for how many fish to get in the jar and celebrate when your students reach it!
- Recognize special acts of kindness by letting students wear one of the bracelets throughout the day or by giving them a certificate.
- Make it a school-wide initiative! Use the large letters to create a hallway display. Teachers and/or students throughout the entire school add fish to it as they see acts of kindness in their classroom or school. Set a school-wide goal. Can your school of fish reach the principal's office, the cafeteria or the gym by the end of the year?
Questions about this resource? Feel free to click on the "Q & A" tab to contact me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also be interested in:
Back to School Bulletin Board
Halloween Bulletin Board
Thanksgiving Bulletin Board