Creating a kind and respectful classroom environment is one of the most important lessons you can teach your students! We have made this resource to focus on what we believe are 10 of the most significant character traits (or virtues) that children should all be practicing at school, home and in the community. These virtues are:
Each virtue is presented in a meaningful way, and include:
- classroom posters (in color and black/white versions)
- reading comprehension passages
- draw & write printables (with prompts)
- school, home & community connection
- "What Would You Do?" role playing cards (60 total)
Crafts and hands-on activities include:
1. BUCKET FILLER display: banner, bucket graphics and bucket filler notes cards (kindness)
2. GOOD CITIZENS VOTE: ballot box graphics, student ballots to vote on a class read aloud and voting results printable (citizenship)
3. HONESTY PLEDGE banner (honesty)
4. BE A BUDDY...NOT A BULLY (respect)
5. RESPONSIBILITY RAINBOW craftivity (responsibility)
6. PERSEVERANCE PAYS OFF craftivity (perseverance)
7. FAIR IS SQUARE puzzle (fairness)
8. FOOD CHOICES (self-discipline)
9. PAPER CHAIN CHALLENGE (teamwork)
10. FRIENDSHIP FLOWER craftivity (friendship)
There is also a recommended book list and an extra writing paper template.
Perfect for grades K-2. Kindergarten students will need a more guided instruction approach to complete some of the included activities and printables.
**** Please download our preview for a closer look into this resource. Enjoy!