Are you looking for ways to incorporate Kindness in the classroom on a daily basis?!
This #KindnessMatters #CharacterCounts classroom activity is a great way to inspire and recognize kindness in the classroom. Each student has their own phone displayed in the classroom. When a classmate has demonstrated one of the selected character traits, students can “text” and compliment/thank their peers!
- You can read more about #KindnessMatters in this BLOG POST
This is an easy way to incorporate more kindness in your every day classroom without taking up too much time. Start off with a lesson about character traits and kindness using your favorite read aloud and introduce these cards to your students.
Stick the "text" cards in your writing center to be used during centers or on your desk for students to grab during morning work or dismissal.
Best of all, the recipients can take home their cards at the end of the week (or whenever you desire) to have a special keepsake!
I hope your students LOVE this activity! My hope is that your classroom will become an even more kind and inspiring place for kids to learn!
INCLUDED IN THIS ZIP FILE:
Character Trait iPhone Cards:
Plus a blank hashtag for your students to generate their own character traits!
Student Name Display Phones:
- EDITABLE iPhones (so you can type student names in PowerPoint)
- NEW -> Picture iPhone option!! Print out phones that have your students' picture printed or glued on them!! This option is so personal and FUN!
- ANCHOR CHART! I've added a printable Anchor Chart with character traits to help your students recognize ways they can demonstrate and recognize kindness!
- NEW -> Bulletin Board Display Printables (see preview) to make your pocket chart part of an interactive bulletin board!! Display the character traits all around the pocket chart for students to reference all year long!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A POWERPOINT FILE! YOU MUST HAVE POWERPOINT TO DOWNLOAD THIS FILE!!
PRINTING TIPS -> When editing anything in PowerPoint, please save as a PDF before you print!!
Please email me with any questions you may have at MrsHenryInFirst@gmail.com
Check out some of my MOST POPULAR resources here: