Also included in
- Build your classroom community. Encourage kindness and reinforce good character. Teach your students to have a growth mindset. Talk about how each member of the community is valuable. Your Poem of the Week program is a great time to address all of these and more!This bundle includes 33 original poem$11.80$14.75Save $2.95
- Engage your students with poetry! This Poem of the Week MEGA BUNDLE includes all of my Poem of the Week resources. Using poetry is a great way to supplement your reading program and to integrate math, science, and social studies content. All resources in the bundle include suggestions for use and in$92.28$115.35Save $23.07
Encourage your students to perform acts of kindness. Spring fever is in the air and students are not always nice to each other this time of year. You can change that with this original poem and accompanying activities.
The original poem will work well to supplement any reading or social skills curriculum. Use the poem to teach reading skills such as structure (rhyme and rhythm), inference, and metaphor. Have students respond to the writing prompt in order to make personal connections to the poem.
Use the poem to start a class discussion about kindness. Create an anchor chart that identifies acts of kindness (seeds). Then, create an awesome door decoration that reminds students throughout the school to be kind.
Challenge your students to perform 100 acts of kindness. Keep track using the included kindness cards.
Reward acts of kindness with colorful brag tags.
I've included the following resources for you:
- I Know a Little Secret (an original poem about "seeds of kindness")
- a writing prompt (Write about a time someone showed kindness to you.)
- three different versions of kindness cards for recording acts of kindness
- two different designs of brag tags for rewarding acts of kindness
- black and white versions of all of the above for saving ink
- teacher suggestions for use
Check out some of my otherkindness resources!
Like poetry? You may enjoy using my Poem of the Week Resources.
Thank you for your interest in my resources. Make sure you follow my store if you'd like to know when I post new products or when my store is on sale!