Also included in
- Kinetic and Gravitation Potential Energy - Fully editable and Complete 5E Lesson. Everything you need in a single package. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. ***************Buyer Comments: - "Thank$15.98$31.94Save $15.96
This 2-3 Day Kinetic & Gravitational Potential Energy lesson package begins by introducing Mechanical Energy (Kinetic + Gravitational Potential Energy), Work-Energy Theorem, and how Energy is Conserved. Within the lesson, there are many opportunities for students to test their knowledge through "Check Your Understanding" slides with the teacher version containing the answers (these are generally problem-based questions like they would see on a test or quiz).
This package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket, my Kinetic Catapult Challenge Activity, TWO embedded videos, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
Buyer Comment: "Students loved it!"
In order, the lesson covers:
- Mechanical Energy
- Work-Energy Theorem
- Gravitational Potential Energy
- Energy is Conserved
- Energy Conservation Application
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- TWO embedded videos
- Kinetic Catapult Challenge
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket and a separate quiz with an answer key
- Student lesson handout
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
This lesson is part of my Work, Energy, and Power Unit which includes the following lessons plus many activities, assessments, etc.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.