A comprehensive set of worksheets / resources designed to ensure that students have a comprehensive understanding of Act 5 of King Lear.
The five resources included are ..
1. Act Summary as Cloze Test
2. Timeline / Sequencing Activity
3. Quiz - 20 Questions - Multiple Choice Answers
4. King Lear Act 5 in Quotations
5. Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle
1. Cloze Test. Scene by scene in "Fill in the blanks" format. This is designed to remind students of key plot events. It gives students a good summary of the action. This is useful for weak students who may finding writing their own notes/summary difficult.
2. Sequencing / Timeline activity. This bullet point summary is presented in the incorrect order. The students' job is to re-order correctly. This revises key events, and gets them to remember the order in which events happened. If students struggle with this, I usually get them to write out the solution. This is the most difficult of the five tasks. It works well as a group activity.
3. Multiple Choice Quiz / Assessment. Three page, 20 question test based on Act 5. Character information, plot details, and important quotations are included in this quiz. See also King Lear - Act 5 Multiple Choice Quiz
4. King Lear in Quotations
Worksheet with 12 important quotations. Students have to identify the speaker and explain the context and meaning of the quote. This can be quite challenging, but it's very worthwhile in ensuring that students understand character and action.
5. Vocabulary crossword. This is a fun method of ensuring that students are familiar with difficult, unusual, or key words from Act 5. This 45 word puzzle is also available as a standalone activity. See King Lear - Act 5 Vocabulary Crossword
. This is a good filler activity for use with early finishers or on a day when you have nothing else prepared!
This bundle gives you a wide range of activities which I find useful when teaching mixed ability groups. Alternatively, you could use some of the activities when you have first completed Act 5, and then use others when you need to revise the play.
The solutions to all activities are included.
All of the resources, except the crossword, are Word documents, so editable to suit your class. Download the preview to see extracts from the worksheets.
Check out my King Lear Active Learning Tasks Bundle
which includes activities for each act of the play at a great price.