*****Runs off the Flash Player - Check to see if you have the updated Free Flash Player. Go to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html to update your computer.
Put the Howard Carter picture together by answering these questions. Once correct students move the puzzle piece to the correct location. This also gives the student a score.
1. This pharaoh built the first pyramid in stair steps. The idea came from his vizier Imhotep. The pyramid was made of cut stone instead of brick.
2. This Egyptian symbol means to live.
Eye of Horus
3. Which kingdom is refered to as the Age of Pyramids?
4. Name the pharaoh who built the largest pyramid.
5. She was the first woman pharaoh in Egyptian history.
6. Historians believe that the Great Sphinx is in the likeness of this pharaoh's son.
7. Name the famous general who's troops discovered the Rosetta Stone in 1799.
Baron Von Steuben
8. This Egyptian god put the body of Osiris back together and is the mother of Horus.
9. The three languages on the Rosetta Stone are hieroglyphics, demotic, and _____.
10. This Egyptian god was the head priest of mummification.
11.This Egyptian god is ruler of the under world, and the husband of Isis.
12. This Frenchman broke the code on the Rosetta Stone.
Alexander the Great
13. Name the material most Egyptian documents are written on _____.
14. This pharaoh is remembered for his dealings with Moses, over 100 children, and the slow decline of the Egyptian Empire.
15. This Egyptian tried to remove all the old gods and replace them with Aton the sun disk.
16. This Egyptian queen tried to re-establish Egypt's independence, however involvement with Rome led to her suicide.