There are lots of holidays and NOVEMBER 4th is KING TUT Day, a day which celebrates the discovery of the tomb by Howard Carter back on November 4, 1922.
Learn lots of fun facts about mummies and specifically the discovery of King Tut's tomb with this play based on the To Tell the Truth Game Show Format. Directions and a suggested YouTube Clip to show the idea of the game, comprehension questions, discussion questions and extension activities(and resources) are included. The biographical play meets several common core standards in social studies and language arts.
I really think your students will have fun with this play on King Tut!
Other topics in Egypt you may find of interest:
1. Covering ancient Egypt? I taught ancient Egypt for 32 years and would love to share some my notes, activities and resources I used with my students. There is also a 9 question web quest included!
2. Learn about a WOMAN that was Pharaoh of ancient Egypt:
Hatshepsut, Reader's Theater Script
3. Review activity: Mystery Message solved using key vocabulary words about Egypt: Egyptian Secret Message Review Activity
4.Mummies aren't just found in ancient Egyptian culture. Mummies have been found all over the world! In fact, the oldest man-made mummies are found in the country of Chile! Mummies can be naturally created or man-made. This web quest includes the different types of mummies and has 12 web questions including information on Bog Mummies such as Tollund Man, the Inca Mummies,the Taklamakan Desert Mummies of China, Otzi, the frozen mummy, the Chinchorro Mummies of Chile, the Egyptian mummies... and more. There are comprehension questions, a Did You Know? section, a teacher section with extension activities, additional links and the key. Great for a Friday activity, at Halloween time, or if you are studying ancient Egypt.MUMMIES, A Webquest/Extension Activities
If you are using this during Halloween time, here are some other Halloween Resources:
1. Pretend you are a pumpkin sitting on a front porch on Halloween night. What do you see? What do you hear? How do you feel? Write a story about your evening. Just one sample of extension activities included. This informative webquest on PUMPKIN would be great for LA classes,a fall activity, or for a substitute lesson!
Try my webquest on PUMPKINS! There are 10 web questions, comprehension questions and 11 extension activities/links. Pumpkin Webquest
2. Halloween: All Thing Halloween Webquest! With 12 informational web questions, this resource is just the thing to use as a learning tool about the holiday of Halloween. Bats, Owls, pumpkins, the human skeleton, the origin of Halloween, superstitions, and famous stories in literature, are covered. There are comprehension questions, lots of fun facts, extension activities(including writing in the content area), and additional links for teachers. Halloween Webquest
3. Candy is on Kids' minds with Halloween.Over 35 million pounds of candy corn is made each year! Show your students that even candy has a history!Learn facts including marshmallows date back to 2000 BC and King Tut's Tomb contained licorice. Several additional resources and extension activities,too. Skills include:reading for information and using research/computer skills. History of Candy Webquest
* Perhaps, you may be interested in following my store. Click by the green star by my photograph. I send monthly notes and offer some specials from time to time.