I revised this pack August 2014. If you purchased this product before then, go to My Purchases and download the revised copy.
The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn is an adorable story about a little raccoon named Chester who is worried about starting school. It is the perfect story to read to your class at the beginning of the school year. I have put together some fun activities that will help your children relate to Chester as well as a cute craft activity of a raccoon. I hope you enjoy these activities as much as we did.
This pack includes:
* Raccoon craft activity.
* Text to self activity about emotions and starting school.
* Making inferences activity about Chester.
* Emergent reader called Chesters Friends
* Fun Graphing activity about Chesters friends
* 4 Number recognition and counting activity
* 5 Sentence Scrambles about school.
* Picture/Sounds Sorting activity sheet.
* School is Cool Craftivity
* SWBST Scaffold Sheets and anchor chart to use for a summary of the story.
Click here to see my blog post about my Kissing Hand activities
Being an Aussie we have variations with the spelling of some words. I have included sheets with two copies of the different spelling of colour/color and mom/mum where this applies.