Also included in
- These four printable dramatic play centers will encourage your little ones to read and write as they use their imaginations. This bundle includes everything you need to turn your dramatic play center into a kitchen, a bakery, a fast food restaurant and an ice cream shop. When you purchase this bundl$14.40$18.00Save $3.60
- Save time with your dramatic play centers with this yearlong bundle! You will get printable pieces for 12 different dramatic play centers. Some connect to specific holidays and seasons; others can be used any time.By purchasing this bundle, you will have 30% off the price of each individual dramatic$40.95$58.50Save $17.55
- Dramatic play is a favorite activity in preschool and kindergarten classrooms. It helps students develop oral language and social skills while applying academic and social emotional learning in a fun and engaging manner. This bundle of 20+ dramatic play centers will give you all the choices you need$65.00$99.00Save $34.00
This kitchen, or housekeeping, dramatic play center is perfect for back to school! Your new students will love using their imaginations in this center. This set includes everything you need for an inviting home living or housekeeping center. The pages in this set allow your students to use reading, writing, and math skills as they play.
Save 25% by purchasing this center as part of a yearlong bundle of dramatic play centers.
Not sure if this is the set for your class? Check out the small Housekeeping Dramatic Play Sample Pack!
The set includes
- welcome signs
- role play name tags
- shelf labels
- family "wall hangings"
- a cookbook
- recipe cards
- a phone book
- phone messages
- shopping lists
- a class book
Not only will your students practice their social skills and organizational skills, they will also have the opportunity to apply academics as they play:
- reading the signs and wall hangings (welcome, mom/dad/grandpa, etc.)
- using the words on the shelf labels during clean-up
- reading the cookbook to prepare meals
- writing recipes, phone messages and shopping lists
I have also added suggestions for organizing your dramatic play area in ways that will help students to be independent while using it and during clean-up! A key part of this organization is shelf labels with words and pictures - indicating where to place the kitchen and household items.
Finally, the kit includes pattern cards (ABAB and ABCABC) and number sequencing cards, as well as related practice pages. Everything in this kit will help your housekeeping center run smoothly, while encouraging your students to extend the learning they are already doing in your classroom!
This kit is part of a series of dramatic play centers that incorporate authentic opportunities for reading, writing and math. Do you want to see more? Look here!
Follow me (click the link by the green star by my store name) to be notified when more dramatic play centers are added.