This is activity has independent and group activities:
1. Independent--Read and reflect on a quote from the text. Respond to questions.
2. Group--Fishbowl-style seminar
3. Independent--Quote analysis chart
For this activity, the teacher will:
1. Cut up the quotes/question cards.
2. Go around the room and allow students to randomly select a quote/question card.
3. Give the students 5-10 minutes to consider their quote and record their thoughts.
4. Begin fishbowl. Students with like cards will meet in the middle first. 7-10 minutes/group.
--The students in the fishbowl will analyze and discuss their assigned quotes.
--The students outside the fishbowl will take notes on the discussion.
5. After all groups have met, the teacher will distribute the independent quote analysis sheet.