Zip up your word work practice with these super-fun -ite and -ight word family kite craftivities.
The packet includes:
* An -ite word family poster featuring an alphabetical list of 43 -ite words.
* An -ight word family poster with an alphabetical list of 74 words.
Because some of these will be new to your students, I’ve included -ite and -ight word covers for a student-made dictionary.
Remember to take those teachable moments to explain homonyms and compound words.
* An -ite and -ight word family slider craftivity featuring 11 words.
There’s a large teacher’s copy, as well as a smaller, 2-on-a-page pattern for students.
* An emergent reader, with 16 pocket chart cards for whole-group practice.
This comes in a full-page size in color & black and white, as well as a smaller, 2-on-a-page, black & white booklet for students.
* 25 traceable Dolch word cards that appear in the story, with a cover so children can make an Itty Bitty booklet.
* A “Give Me A K!” kite poster which is an “echo cheer”.
* 2 graphing extensions.
* 7 worksheets
* 72, mini-word cards
* The silly, story poem “Zite and My Kite” and finally...
* An -ite and -ight word family kite craftivity, with 6 kite options, plus a blank kite so students can design their own.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping you and your students enjoy flying high with the -ite/-ight word families.